Membership Terms & Conditions
To ensure effective weight loss, treatments are consecutive and treatments missed by the client will be his/her loss. Payments are in advance. No refunds are made under any circumstances. Treatments are not transferable. Treatments have an expiry date and will not be extended. All treatments are at the client’s own risk. It is the clients responsibility to inform The Firm, in writing, of any medical condition that may prevent treatment by The Firm. Should the client be unsure they should seed the advice and written consent from the relevant medical personal/specialist. Full Terms & Conditions listed below.
1.1 "The Firm" shall mean slimming and health centre trading as "The Firm Slimming and Health Clinic"
1.2 "The Centre" shall mean the branch or branches of The Firm at which the member holds his/hers Membership
1.3 "The Member" shall mean the person named as the member on the face hereof.
1.4 "The Membership" shall mean the course/s booked at the branch/es of The Firm.
- Membership to the centre shall vest in the person whose name appears on the face hereof as member and may not be ceded, transferred or assigned to any third party whatsoever.
- Membership fees paid by the member to The Firm from time to time in terms hereof shall not be refunded to the member by The Firm, save as is expressly provided for herein
- The Firm shall be entitled to from time to time make repairs, renovations and/or improvements to any of its centres and the member shall have no claim whatsoever and howsoever arising against The Firm as a result thereof.
- The Firm shall be entitled to relocate any centres at its sole and absolute discretion and the member shall have no claim of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising against The Firm in regard to such relocation
- The Firm shall be entitled to charge overdraft rate per annum charged by The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited from time to time on overdraft plus 4% (four percent) compounded monthly.
- The original of this agreement is the possession of The Firm and shall be deemed to be the definitive contract between The Firm and the member and shall take precedence in the event of any discrepancy between The Firm and the member.
- The Firm shall be entitled in its sole and absolute discretion to stipulate and to alter the hours of business of the centre from time to time without notice to the member.
- The Firm shall not be liable on any basis whatsoever whether in delict or otherwise and whether as a result of any act or omission on the part of The Firm or any of its employees, agents or subcontractors to the member or any third party claiming through the member for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by the member at the centre or any of the centres as the case may be.
- The member warrants to The Firm that he/she is in a fit mental and physical condition and of good health and does not suffer from any medical ailments, and hereby waives any claim that he/she may have against The Firm in regard to any injury and/or damage whether physical or mental suffered by him/her whilst utilising the facilities of the centre or any of the centres as the case may be or arising from the utilisation thereof and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless The Firm against any claims which may be made by any person in regard thereto and whether such injury and/or damage is sustained due to any act or omission of The Firm or any of its employees, agents or subcontractors whether negligently or otherwise.
- The member shall pay all amounts due to The Firm in terms of this agreement from time to time irrespective of whether the member makes use of the membership and/or the centres as the case may be whether such failure is due to injury and/or voluntary act on the part of the member or as a result of any other cause whatsoever.
- Notwithstanding any of the other terms of this agreement. The Firm shall be entitled to terminate this agreement in its sole and absolute discretion at any time on giving the member 30 (thirty) days written notice of termination of the agreement
- In the event of The Firm having to institute any action against a member in order to enforce its rights in terms hereof, the member agrees to be liable for all costs of any nature whatsoever incurred by The Firm on the “attorney and own client scale
- General: This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties with regard to matters dealt with herein. No amendments, additions or consensual cancellation of this agreement or any provision or terms of this agreement shall be tending unless recorded in a written document signed by the parties. Any such extension, waver or relaxation which is so given or made shall be construed as relating strictly to the matter in respect whereof it was made or given.
- No extension of time, waiver or relaxation of any of the provisions or terms of this agreement shall operate as estoppels against any party in respect of his/her rights under this agreement nor shall it operate so as to preclude such party thereafter from exercising his/her rights strictly in accordance with this agreement.
NOTE: One (1) treatment Month comprises: 4 weeks of one of the following options (totalling 6 hours):
- Three (3) x 30 minute sessions per week. Totalling twelve (12) x 30 minute sessions in a month.
- Two (2) x 45 minute sessions per week. Totalling eight (8) x 45 minute sessions in a month.